Under the Cars procession vrooms into Canning Town
- Credit: Archant
Wacky Races had nothing on the eclectic selection of car costumes paraded through Newham during this year’s Under the Cars procession.
The brightly coloured ensemble made their way from Caravanserai to, aptly, the A13 Green beneath the Canning Town flyover for Friday’s fun-filled car-themed event.
Children were able to take part in free make your own car workshops led by Emergency Exit Arts in the days leading up to Canning Town’s answer to Under the Stars.
The event, organised by The Brick Box, also included a screening of A13: Road Movie which was created by filmmakers Rayna Nadeem and Stuart Bamforth, who live in the borough.
Live music was provided by vintage jazz band Shirt Tail Stompers while DJ Sonic manned the decks.
You may also want to watch:
Rosie Freeman, co-director of Brick Box, said: “It was a fantastic, happy community event with a very diverse crowd.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?