Under the Cars procession vrooms into Canning Town
- Credit: Archant
Wacky Races had nothing on the eclectic selection of car costumes paraded through Newham during this year’s Under the Cars procession.
The brightly coloured ensemble made their way from Caravanserai to, aptly, the A13 Green beneath the Canning Town flyover for Friday’s fun-filled car-themed event.
Children were able to take part in free make your own car workshops led by Emergency Exit Arts in the days leading up to Canning Town’s answer to Under the Stars.
The event, organised by The Brick Box, also included a screening of A13: Road Movie which was created by filmmakers Rayna Nadeem and Stuart Bamforth, who live in the borough.
Live music was provided by vintage jazz band Shirt Tail Stompers while DJ Sonic manned the decks.
You may also want to watch:
Rosie Freeman, co-director of Brick Box, said: “It was a fantastic, happy community event with a very diverse crowd.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 9 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing