Two people taken to hospital following Manor Park house blaze
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital following a house fire in Manor Park.
Firefighters were called at about 8.20pm to reports of a blaze in Sixth Avenue.
Six people managed to escape the fire in the end-of-terrace house and two people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Station Manager Keith Merchant who was at the fire said: “Fire crews worked quickly to bring the fire under control, which was well alight when they arrived at the scene, and stopped the fire spreading to the lower floors of the building.
“The roof of the end-of-terrace house was badly damaged by the blaze.”
You may also want to watch:
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers from Ilford, Barking, Plaistow and Stratford attended the incident.
The fire was under control by 10.15pm.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.