Two people taken to hospital following Manor Park house blaze
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital following a house fire in Manor Park.
Firefighters were called at about 8.20pm to reports of a blaze in Sixth Avenue.
Six people managed to escape the fire in the end-of-terrace house and two people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Station Manager Keith Merchant who was at the fire said: “Fire crews worked quickly to bring the fire under control, which was well alight when they arrived at the scene, and stopped the fire spreading to the lower floors of the building.
“The roof of the end-of-terrace house was badly damaged by the blaze.”
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers from Ilford, Barking, Plaistow and Stratford attended the incident.
The fire was under control by 10.15pm.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 4 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 5 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 6 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 7 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 8 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 9 Leyton Orient claim second successive League Two win at Crawley
- 10 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.