Two men shot after attempted robbery in Plaistow
- Credit: Archant
A mum has described today how she mistook gunshots and screams for Halloween revelers letting off fireworks following the late-night shooting of two shopworkers in Plaistow yesterday.
One man in his 50s is in a critical condition and the other in his 40s is in a stable condition in hospital after they were gunned down outside Show Supermarket in High St at around midnight.
A police forensic team were carrying out a detailed fingertip search of the shop and surrounding area looking for clues and Flying Squad detectives are now investigating the incident after police officers were called to the supermarket at following reports of a two injured men.
Mum of one, Anna Berezhnaya, said: “I didn’t pay attention because it was Halloween and there is always some screaming around 12 at night.
“I when I heard the shots fired I jumped because I thought it was fireworks but there is noise every night.
You may also want to watch:
“I have lived here since March and something happens all the time here.”
Anyone with information is being asked to call detectives on 020-8345 4226 or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham