Two in hospital following road accidents
Two people were rushed to hospital at the weekend following road accidents in Upton Park and Canning Town.
A car was involved in an incident on Manor Road at around 6.50am yesterday closing two lanes for several hours on the Canning Town flyover.
A woman, thought to be in her 30s, was treated for a head injury by paramedics and the medical team from London’s Air Ambulance in a car.
Newham police attended the scene and she was taken to the Royal London Hospital.
Earlier, a 20-year-old man was also hospitalised in Whitechapel on Friday following an incident between a cyclist and a car on Green Street at approximately 7.35pm.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services are currently investigating both incidents.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 6 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project