Two in hospital following road accidents
Two people were rushed to hospital at the weekend following road accidents in Upton Park and Canning Town.
A car was involved in an incident on Manor Road at around 6.50am yesterday closing two lanes for several hours on the Canning Town flyover.
A woman, thought to be in her 30s, was treated for a head injury by paramedics and the medical team from London’s Air Ambulance in a car.
Newham police attended the scene and she was taken to the Royal London Hospital.
Earlier, a 20-year-old man was also hospitalised in Whitechapel on Friday following an incident between a cyclist and a car on Green Street at approximately 7.35pm.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services are currently investigating both incidents.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Commission set up to explore future of special needs provision in Newham
- 7 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 10 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City