Two face fitness checks as Slade wants Orient to bounce back
League One: Orient v Hartlepool United 7.45pm
Orient manager Russell Slade will be looking for his side to bounce back to winning ways following two successive league defeats when they entertain Hartlepool United tonight.
A victory would lift Orient into the top half of the League One table and Slade said: “I will be looking for a bit of bounce back ability – we need to bounce back quickly after Saturday’s defeat at Bournemouth.”
Defender Gary Sawyer and midfield man Anthony Griffith face fitness checks before the game.
Sawyer, who has been ever-present this season, did not train yesterday, while Griffith has a sore thigh.
You may also want to watch:
O’s will again be without striker Kevin Lisbie who is suffering with a hamstring injury and Slade is keen for other players to step up to the plate.
“Players have got to see that as an opportunity to pounce and to make that position their own. Make an impression and see who can fill those shoes,” he said.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
The game was originally scheduled for August but was postponed when Hartlepool failed to make the game due to traffic problems around the area.