Two face fitness checks as Slade wants Orient to bounce back
League One: Orient v Hartlepool United 7.45pm
Orient manager Russell Slade will be looking for his side to bounce back to winning ways following two successive league defeats when they entertain Hartlepool United tonight.
A victory would lift Orient into the top half of the League One table and Slade said: “I will be looking for a bit of bounce back ability – we need to bounce back quickly after Saturday’s defeat at Bournemouth.”
Defender Gary Sawyer and midfield man Anthony Griffith face fitness checks before the game.
Sawyer, who has been ever-present this season, did not train yesterday, while Griffith has a sore thigh.
You may also want to watch:
O’s will again be without striker Kevin Lisbie who is suffering with a hamstring injury and Slade is keen for other players to step up to the plate.
“Players have got to see that as an opportunity to pounce and to make that position their own. Make an impression and see who can fill those shoes,” he said.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 6 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park
The game was originally scheduled for August but was postponed when Hartlepool failed to make the game due to traffic problems around the area.