Two face fitness checks as Slade wants Orient to bounce back
League One: Orient v Hartlepool United 7.45pm
Orient manager Russell Slade will be looking for his side to bounce back to winning ways following two successive league defeats when they entertain Hartlepool United tonight.
A victory would lift Orient into the top half of the League One table and Slade said: “I will be looking for a bit of bounce back ability – we need to bounce back quickly after Saturday’s defeat at Bournemouth.”
Defender Gary Sawyer and midfield man Anthony Griffith face fitness checks before the game.
Sawyer, who has been ever-present this season, did not train yesterday, while Griffith has a sore thigh.
O’s will again be without striker Kevin Lisbie who is suffering with a hamstring injury and Slade is keen for other players to step up to the plate.
“Players have got to see that as an opportunity to pounce and to make that position their own. Make an impression and see who can fill those shoes,” he said.
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 West Ham United fall to Nottingham Forest
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
The game was originally scheduled for August but was postponed when Hartlepool failed to make the game due to traffic problems around the area.