Two escape fire in Canning Town maisonette
- Credit: Archant
A boy has escaped from a fire at a maisonette in Canning Town this afternoon.
The youngster and a man got out of the two storey property in Beaconsfield Road before four fire engines arrived on the scene.
The man is believed to have sustained burns to his hand and both he and the child were taken to hospital by ambulance.
Around 20 firefighters were called to the maisonette at 2.15pm and were able to bring it under control at 3.45pm.
It was badly damaged by the blaze while the properties above it were also affected.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 5 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 6 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences