Twenty-year-old passenger taken to hospital after driver flees car accident in Beckton
- Credit: Archant
A male driver fled from the scene of a car accident and left his female passenger to be cut free by emergency services.
The collision happened at 5:40pm on Saturday September 21 on Stansfeld Road, Beckton, when the BMW car lost control and crashed onto a public footpath.
Police, ambulance and a single responder were called to the scene and the fire brigade cut free the woman, whose legs were trapped, but found that the male driver had run away.
The 20-year-old woman was taken to Newham General Hospital as a priority with leg injuries.
Police continue to seek the driver of the vehicle who left the scene before officers arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed or has information concerning this incident should contact PC Sean Porter of Newham Police by dialling 101.
- 1 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike