Twenty-year-old passenger taken to hospital after driver flees car accident in Beckton
- Credit: Archant
A male driver fled from the scene of a car accident and left his female passenger to be cut free by emergency services.
The collision happened at 5:40pm on Saturday September 21 on Stansfeld Road, Beckton, when the BMW car lost control and crashed onto a public footpath.
Police, ambulance and a single responder were called to the scene and the fire brigade cut free the woman, whose legs were trapped, but found that the male driver had run away.
The 20-year-old woman was taken to Newham General Hospital as a priority with leg injuries.
Police continue to seek the driver of the vehicle who left the scene before officers arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed or has information concerning this incident should contact PC Sean Porter of Newham Police by dialling 101.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 6 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 9 Antonio and Rice fire West Ham to win over Dinamo Zagreb in Europa League
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k