TV personality Ferne McCann learns to drive a bus in West Ham
- Credit: Archant
Former Only Way is Essex and I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here star, Ferne McCann, is learning to drive a bus to encourage women to consider a career in the industry.
The star, who is currently a presenter on This Morning, is currently training to become a qualified bus driver at Stage Coach’s West Ham depot.
With the training so far showing off the experiences amongst her millions of social media followers through Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
Ferne McCann said: “I’m so excited about doing this training, It’s a job that traditionally people think of as being for men but there’s no reason that should be the case these days.
“Hopefully I can help show bus driving as a career option for some women who might never have even considered it in the past.”
You may also want to watch:
The qualification requires 30 hours of road training, a theory test, a medical and a final exam.
“I experienced a lot of new challenges in the jungle and loved every minute of it.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 10 What's on across east London this weekend?
“This is a chance for me to take on a new challenge and do something I would never have thought I’d have the chance to do.”