TV personality Ferne McCann becomes a qualified bus driver at West Ham depot
- Credit: Ferne McCann/Twitter
Former The Only Way is Essex and I’m A Celebrity... star, Ferne McCann, has qualified as a bus driver to encourage women to consider a career in the industry.
The star, who is a presenter on This Morning, started training to become a bus driver at Stagecoach’s West Ham depot a few weeks back.
And she showed off her experiences to her social media followers through Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
Ferne said: “I’m so proud of myself – I never thought in a million years that I would have the chance to even drive a bus and now I can say I’ve actually officially gained my bus driving licence.
“It’s been a fantastic experience and I’ve had a brilliant time getting to know Yvonne and the team at Stagecoach. I had no idea how much work goes into running buses.”
You may also want to watch:
The qualification requires 30 hours of on-the-road training, a theory test, a medical and a final exam.
“I take my hat off to the drivers I’ve met and I really hope my involvement has made more women think about bus driving as a career option,” said Ferne.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 5 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 6 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences