TV firm needs Newham residents who want to transform homes
A TV company is looking for residents who fancy having a house makeover for a new home improvements show.
Designer Linda Barker will transform tired, run down wrecks into modern, classy dream homes.
The lucky families involved will be desperate for a change, but don’t know where to start, what to do and how to pay for it – what can you do when your whole house needs a makeover and you’ve only got a limited budget.
Linda will get all the family involved in turning her vision into reality.
Families can expect to learn key DIY skills, designer secrets and tricks of the trade, where to make the savings and where to spend the money, what to save and upcycle and what to tip in the skip, everything needed to stretch the budget far enough to transform the kitchen, bathroom, living room and a bedroom in a week.
You may also want to watch:
Linda’s mission is to prove that with great ideas, clever shopping, recycling and upcycling, plus lots of elbow grease, it is possible to create a brand new house on a modest budget.
Linda said: “Good design needn’t cost the earth. I’m going to show you how to be highly creative and resourceful without compromise.”
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
“I want to prove that ordinary budgets can still achieve extraordinary design.”
If you are interested, email: Buildit@redhousetv.co.uk