TV and music stars enjoyed a kick about at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic park
- Credit: Archant
It might not have been a Real Madrid, Barcelona El Classico, but two big name sides battled it out at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on Saturday.
A celebrity football match spiced up the Easter weekend at the park, as music, TV and even internet stars lined-up for the annual Soccer Six tournament.
Proceeds from the six-aside charity event aims will be given to the Samaritans to ensure their service remains available 24 hours a day to support anyone in emotional distress.
Among those enjoying a kick about was former N-Dubz singer/rapper Dappy. He was joined by the likes of former X Factor finalist Luke Friend, musician Yungen and rapper Sneakbo.
Also on the pitch were Game of Thrones stars Kerry Ingram, who plays Shireen Baratheon in the hit HBO show, and Brenock O’Connor, Ex On the Beach’s Nancy-May Turner and comedian Anto Sharp.
You may also want to watch:
The grand final saw musicians Rudimental battle it out for the title with the lads from the reality TV show Geordie Shore, only for the hit-single making group to come up trumps as they eked out a 3-2 victory.
Emily Atkins, of organisers Cup Promotions, said: “The support for Soccer Six from our hardcore SoccerSixers is always fantastic and they turned out in force despite the forecasted heavy rain and winds.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
“Everybody said this was the best Soccer Six event they had ever been to, so we’re really pleased with how the event went.”
Many of celebrities taking part had returned after being part of previous Soccer Six tournaments across the country, whether it was London, Bolton, Burnley or Margate.
Some of them took to Twitter to share their thoughts on the day.
Former X Factor contestant Ed Goacher tweeted: “I remember the days I could play 3 football matches a week. I played 3 six-aside games at @SoccerSix and I’ve been struggling ever since.”
Anto Sharp: “Had a great time at SoccerSix. Enjoyed meeting loads of you.”
Luke Friend added: “Our team just won in our group final of soccer six! #Medals #PlateTrophy”
There was yet more drama when Luke added: “Just found out my cousins in labour.”
But it wasn’t just celebrities sharing their enjoyment of the day on social media. One fan, @roadtripskendal, said on Twitter “I want to go back to @SoccerSix so bad man.”