Tube strikes in Newham: Latest
- Credit: Archant
Commuters are experiencing long delays this morning on the buses, trains and tubes.
Today is the second morning of Underground strike action by RMT and TSSA members who are protesting at the closure of ticket offices.
The buses in Stratford are even busier than yesterday with the Route 25 service currently experiencing 40 minute delays.
The additional passenger numbers may be due to commuters chosing to switch from the tube to the bus after severe overcrowing at the station yesterday.
There are also minor delays between Stratford and Richmond on the Overground service.
You may also want to watch:
Selected c2c trains are not calling at West Ham to reduce overcrowding.
But some passengers took to Twitter to praise their journey.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 7 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 10 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
@JessicaRHorner said: “Mental Stratford station is brilliant this morning, on @jubileeline with a seat! #happydays #tubestrike”
@cd125 said: “Today the Stratford station is working and I’m just an hour earlier at work... It’s a good reason to have breakfast at Costa and relax.”
However @lancasterb was less positive.
He tweeted: “It just took the wife 1h 50mins to get from #Stratford to #Holborn on the #TFL bus. That’s 5 miles in just under 2h.”
The central line service at Stratford is currently running eastbound to Leytonstone and westbound to Marble Arch.
The jubilee line is running to Waterloo and a good service is running on the DLR.
Talks with conciliation service Acas have been scheduled for tomorrow in an attempt to stop next week’s strike going ahead.