Tube and rail travel warning
Weekend travel plans could be hit by suspensions - check before you start journey
Planned improvement works this weekend will hit underground and Overground services.
Passengers are urged to “check before you travel” and allow extra journey time where necessary.
Among problems likely to affect East London Tube users are: Blackfriars Tube station on the District and Circle lines will be closed until late this year for redevelopment works while Cannon Street Tube station will be closed for redevelopment works every weekend until mid-2012 and Farringdon Tube station on the Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines is closed on Saturday for improvement works.
The District line will be suspended on Saturday between Bromley-by-Bow and East Ham due to track replacement work as will the Hammersmith & City line between Liverpool Street and Barking.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday’s service on London Overground’s Stratford - Richmond service is not operating
Full information can be found on TfL’s website www.tfl.gov.uk/check or phone the London Travel Info 24hrs telephone helpline: 0843 222 1234.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim