Tube and rail travel warning
Weekend travel plans could be hit by suspensions - check before you start journey
Planned improvement works this weekend will hit underground and Overground services.
Passengers are urged to “check before you travel” and allow extra journey time where necessary.
Among problems likely to affect East London Tube users are: Blackfriars Tube station on the District and Circle lines will be closed until late this year for redevelopment works while Cannon Street Tube station will be closed for redevelopment works every weekend until mid-2012 and Farringdon Tube station on the Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines is closed on Saturday for improvement works.
The District line will be suspended on Saturday between Bromley-by-Bow and East Ham due to track replacement work as will the Hammersmith & City line between Liverpool Street and Barking.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday’s service on London Overground’s Stratford - Richmond service is not operating
Full information can be found on TfL’s website www.tfl.gov.uk/check or phone the London Travel Info 24hrs telephone helpline: 0843 222 1234.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling