Trust members learn about Newham health services
Eighty members of Newham University Hospital Trust attended a forum focusing on services for people with heart disease.
The Members Forum on Cardiology held recently at the Plaistow hospital was part of the members engagement programme that invites them to take part in discussion about services, meet staff and see the facilities.
Newham has the second highest coronary vascular disease mortality rate, 28 per cent higher than the average. How the Trust responds to this challenge was presented by cardiology consultant Dr Neha Sekhri based at Newham University Hospital and the London Chest Clinic.
Dr Sekhri said: “Having our members visit the Trust gives them a first-hand opportunity to see for themselves the services that are available to the people of Newham. Cardio vascular disease is complex and for patients it is vital they have confidence in both in-patient and community based services provided by us. Cardiology opinion at Newham University Hospital is available 24 hours a day at the hospital and all patients are seen by a cardiology specialist as needed.
“Our patients benefit from expert opinion from our cardiology consultants across Barts Health NHS Trust hospitals. We have specialist nurse-led clinics for angina and heart failure, which are held both in the hospital and in the community. A weekly consultant-led community heart failure clinic is also available.”
You may also want to watch:
Trust member Clare Mehmet was in the audience. Clare is also a Trust’s Patient Ambassador and a Patient Representative for Diabetes.
She said: “Getting involved is important. We all have a responsibility to make sure we are making the most of our health services so I attend the members forums to listen to what’s happening in the Trust and contribute my views. There is always something new on the horizon. It’s a great opportunity to network with other members and the staff.”
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford