Tributes left at scene of fatal Forest Gate car accident
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been left at the scene where a 21-year-old man was involved in a fatal car accident in the early hours of Easter Sunday.
Flowers and notes in memory of Andreas Elias have been attached to a traffic light outside Zaga Super Store near the junction of Woodford Road and Dames Road in Forest Gate.
He was one of three patients treated by paramedics before being taken to hospital as a priority case.
Messages left at the scene include heartfelt notes written by Andreas’ mother and friends.
One mentions Andreas was due to be best man at his wedding, adding: “You left us too early but the laughs we had will last forever.”
You may also want to watch:
A message written by Vicky Orgles, said: “He was loved by all who knew him. He left this world but he will be forever in our hearts.”
Another note, signed by several people, said: “It ain’t gonna be the same without you,” adding “You was too young to die, see you in the next life.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
Zaga Super Store owner Ali, who did not want to give his full name, immediately came down to the scene after being informed of the accident.
“When I came I was shocked but I couldn’t see anything because the police had blocked everywhere off,” he said. “It is very sad.”
Did you know Andreas Elias? Get in touch with your tributes by calling 020 8477 3893 or email email@example.com