Travellers: check with airlines before leaving home for airport
- Credit: Archant
Passengers are being advised to contact their airlines by staff at London City Airport as snow hits the capital
The airport is open today but bosses are reminding travellers to check their flight status with their airlines before leaving home.
Although the runway was closed briefly this morning, the airport is now operating normally.
A spokesman for the airport said: “We are expecting weather conditions to get worse this afternoon, so we’re advising all passengers intending to travel out of LCY today and tomorrow to contact their airlines for flight information.”
The airport will continue to update customers throughout the day via Facebook and Twitter
You may also want to watch:
Snow has also led to flight delays and cancellations at Heathrow Airport where staff were urging passengers to check with airlines before leaving home.
If you are out and about taking photos of the snow, send them to us at email@example.com.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim