Travel warning - check before you set off
More disruption on rail services this weekend
CHECK before you travel on the London rail network is urged as another weekend of disruption looms because of the major upgrade works programme of Tube and Overground services.
Good news is the Docklands Light Railway and London Tramlink should run to schedule as will London Underground’s Bakerloo, Metropolitan, Piccadilly, Northern and Central lines.
Most of the problems will be in the West London areas. But the District line will be suspended all weekend between Barking and Upminster with no bus replacement services operating.
The Jubilee line will not run on Saturday between Stanmore and Waterloo. Trains will run every 6 minutes between Waterloo and Stratford with no alternative bus replacement service for the latter.
You may also want to watch:
The Victoria line will also be suspended all weekend.
There is no London Overground service between Richmond and Stratford on Sunday.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
Transport for London urges passengers to check travel arrangements before you leave.
For help visit www.tfl.gov.uk/check or call the London Travel Info 24hrs telephone helpline: 0843 222 1234.