Travel warning - check before you set off
More disruption on rail services this weekend
CHECK before you travel on the London rail network is urged as another weekend of disruption looms because of the major upgrade works programme of Tube and Overground services.
Good news is the Docklands Light Railway and London Tramlink should run to schedule as will London Underground’s Bakerloo, Metropolitan, Piccadilly, Northern and Central lines.
Most of the problems will be in the West London areas. But the District line will be suspended all weekend between Barking and Upminster with no bus replacement services operating.
The Jubilee line will not run on Saturday between Stanmore and Waterloo. Trains will run every 6 minutes between Waterloo and Stratford with no alternative bus replacement service for the latter.
The Victoria line will also be suspended all weekend.
There is no London Overground service between Richmond and Stratford on Sunday.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 5 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
Transport for London urges passengers to check travel arrangements before you leave.
For help visit www.tfl.gov.uk/check or call the London Travel Info 24hrs telephone helpline: 0843 222 1234.