Travel warning - check before you set off
More disruption on rail services this weekend
CHECK before you travel on the London rail network is urged as another weekend of disruption looms because of the major upgrade works programme of Tube and Overground services.
Good news is the Docklands Light Railway and London Tramlink should run to schedule as will London Underground’s Bakerloo, Metropolitan, Piccadilly, Northern and Central lines.
Most of the problems will be in the West London areas. But the District line will be suspended all weekend between Barking and Upminster with no bus replacement services operating.
The Jubilee line will not run on Saturday between Stanmore and Waterloo. Trains will run every 6 minutes between Waterloo and Stratford with no alternative bus replacement service for the latter.
You may also want to watch:
The Victoria line will also be suspended all weekend.
There is no London Overground service between Richmond and Stratford on Sunday.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 7 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 8 Commission set up to explore future of special needs provision in Newham
- 9 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
Transport for London urges passengers to check travel arrangements before you leave.
For help visit www.tfl.gov.uk/check or call the London Travel Info 24hrs telephone helpline: 0843 222 1234.