Travel news latest
ANOTHER weekend (Dec 11/12) of disruption on London Tube and rail networks has been announced because of continuing major engineering works.
For East London travellers the District line is suspended between Barking and Upminster on both days with replacement bus services operating.
Farringdon station on the Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines will be closed all weekend.
All other lines are unaffected.
Again London Overground’s services between Stratford and Richmond on Sunday will not run with replacement bus services available.
You may also want to watch:
On the DLR, services between Stratford – Bow Church and between Westferry – Beckton/Woolwich Arsenal are suspended all weekend with three replacement bus services running between: Stratford - Pudding Mill Lane - Bow Church; Canary Wharf - Blackwall - East India - Canning Town - Royal Victoria - Custom House for ExCeL - Prince Regent - Royal Albert - Beckton Park - Cyprus - Gallions Reach – Beckton and Canary Wharf - Blackwall - East India - Canning Town - West Silvertown - Pontoon Dock - London City Airport - King George V - North Woolwich.
For travel information visit the Transport for London website: www.tfl.gov.uk/check; or phone the London Travel Info 24hrs telephone helpline: 0843 222 1234;
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel