Travel latest: Tube and Overland travellers face problems
DISRUPTION of the London transport network during a major programme of renewal continues this weekend
TfL is urging all users to “check before you travel”, allowing extra journey time where necessary.
Travel information can be found on www.tfl.gov.uk/check or call the 24hrs telephone helpline: 0843 222 1234;
The Central line will be suspended between Holborn and White City all weekend while the District line will not operate on Saturday between Aldgate East – Upney eastbound and Barking - Aldgate East westbound. On Sunday the line will be suspended between Aldgate East and Dagenham East. There are bus replacement services available: Tower to Canning Town; Mile End- Stratford– Upton Park – East Ham – Barking, extended on Saturday only to Upney, and Barking – Upney – Becontree – Dagenham Heathway – Dagenham East on Sunday.
The Hammersmith & City line will be suspended between Liverpool Street and Barking all weekend.
All other lines, and the DLR, should be unaffected by works.
- 1 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 2 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 3 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 4 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 7 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 8 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 9 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 10 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
On the London Overground, the Sunday service of the Stratford to Richmond route is suspended with buses operating to most stations.