Travel latest: Tube and Overland travellers face problems
DISRUPTION of the London transport network during a major programme of renewal continues this weekend
TfL is urging all users to “check before you travel”, allowing extra journey time where necessary.
Travel information can be found on www.tfl.gov.uk/check or call the 24hrs telephone helpline: 0843 222 1234;
The Central line will be suspended between Holborn and White City all weekend while the District line will not operate on Saturday between Aldgate East – Upney eastbound and Barking - Aldgate East westbound. On Sunday the line will be suspended between Aldgate East and Dagenham East. There are bus replacement services available: Tower to Canning Town; Mile End- Stratford– Upton Park – East Ham – Barking, extended on Saturday only to Upney, and Barking – Upney – Becontree – Dagenham Heathway – Dagenham East on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The Hammersmith & City line will be suspended between Liverpool Street and Barking all weekend.
All other lines, and the DLR, should be unaffected by works.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
On the London Overground, the Sunday service of the Stratford to Richmond route is suspended with buses operating to most stations.