Transformed Forest Gate Post Office re-opens
- Credit: Archant
Forest Gate residents can now look forward to a new-look post office which has re-opened after a major transformation.
West Ham MP Lyn Brown cut the ribbon at the Post Office in Woodgrange Road on Friday. She was joined by sub postmaster Mr Siraj Deane and manager Mr Pradip Sira.
The Post Office now features a new, open style branch with six serving positions. It will also have extended opening hours including Saturday and Sunday afternoons and later opening hours every day.
Monday to Saturday 9am to 7.30pm and on Sundays from 12noon to 6pm.
Lyn Brown said: “I am delighted to be opening this refurbished post office. It looks very modern and professional. It is a major transformation.
You may also want to watch:
“This post office is vital to the local community and I am confident the improvements will be warmly welcomed by my constituents. The new opening hours are very convenient for customers to do their Post Office transactions as they can visit after work and even long weekend opening.”
Manager Mr Sira, said: “The branch has been completely refurbished. It looks very modern and professional – very posh. We used to have a couple of open-plan counters, but now we have four as they work so well. It makes the office much friendlier as it is far easier for staff and customers to talk.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
“Customers are very happy with the longer opening hours. They think that it is fantastic that they can now visit at times which are more convenient for them, whether it is after work or at the weekend.”
The refurbishment of Forest Gate Post Office is part of a major modernisation programme across the Post Office network designed to make it easier for customers to do business, through longer opening hours and modern open plan environments.