Transformed Forest Gate Post Office re-opens
- Credit: Archant
Forest Gate residents can now look forward to a new-look post office which has re-opened after a major transformation.
West Ham MP Lyn Brown cut the ribbon at the Post Office in Woodgrange Road on Friday. She was joined by sub postmaster Mr Siraj Deane and manager Mr Pradip Sira.
The Post Office now features a new, open style branch with six serving positions. It will also have extended opening hours including Saturday and Sunday afternoons and later opening hours every day.
Monday to Saturday 9am to 7.30pm and on Sundays from 12noon to 6pm.
Lyn Brown said: “I am delighted to be opening this refurbished post office. It looks very modern and professional. It is a major transformation.
You may also want to watch:
“This post office is vital to the local community and I am confident the improvements will be warmly welcomed by my constituents. The new opening hours are very convenient for customers to do their Post Office transactions as they can visit after work and even long weekend opening.”
Manager Mr Sira, said: “The branch has been completely refurbished. It looks very modern and professional – very posh. We used to have a couple of open-plan counters, but now we have four as they work so well. It makes the office much friendlier as it is far easier for staff and customers to talk.
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
“Customers are very happy with the longer opening hours. They think that it is fantastic that they can now visit at times which are more convenient for them, whether it is after work or at the weekend.”
The refurbishment of Forest Gate Post Office is part of a major modernisation programme across the Post Office network designed to make it easier for customers to do business, through longer opening hours and modern open plan environments.