Trains disrupted between Liverpool Street and Shenfield after man ‘hit by train’ at Goodmayes station
- Credit: Liz Rippington
There are severe delays on services between Liverpool Street and Shenfield after an incident at Goodmayes station.
Emergency services were called at Goodmayes station shortly after 5.30pm due to “a person on the track”, Transport for London (TFL) tweeted.
It has now been confirmed that a man was hit by a train and was airlifted to hospital for treatment to his injuries.
The British Transport Police is not treating the incident as suspicious.
Disruption is expected to last until 8pm and trains are delayed on both Greater Anglia and TFL services.
Passengers with Abellio Greater Anglia tickets for services between Liverpool Street and Shenfield will be able to use their tickets on C2C services.
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 7 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat
- 8 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 9 Steven Fry: Canning Town man accused of murder to stand trial
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021