Roadworks, rail closures and other delays to your journey this week
- Credit: Ken Mears
Here is a round-up of some of the disruptions that could delay your journey by road and rail across Barking and Dagenham, Newham and Redbridge this week, commencing Monday, July 5.
Travelling by car
Delays are likely along High Street in Stratford due to construction works, with one lane closed.
Roadworks in Forest Lane, near Leytonstone Road, in Maryland should also be avoided if possible.
In the Royal Docks, North Woolwich Road is closed due to works for the Silvertown Tunnel.
You may also want to watch:
Watch out for roadworks by the London Road roundabout and in Abbey Road in Barking.
In Redbridge, works on High Road near Seven Kings Station and a partial closure on Benton Road are likely to cause delays.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
Ashgrove Road in Goodmayes is closed and traffic control is in place in Goodmayes Road due to water works.
Travelling by train
Amended timetables on c2c lines will be in operation throughout the week.
There will be disruption to usual train services in east London on Saturday and Sunday, July 10 and 11, due to Network Rail undertaking track maintenance work between Barking and London Fenchurch Street.
c2c services on the Basildon and Ockendon lines will be diverted to start from or terminate at London Liverpool Street.
Tickets for c2c services will be accepted on the Jubilee line or Docklands Light Railway services between West Ham and Stratford.
Passengers for Limehouse can use DLR services between Tower Gateway and Limehouse and Limehouse to Stratford via Poplar.
There will be no Rainham line services due to engineering work in connection with the Barking Riverside project.
Rail replacement buses will run between Upminster and Grays via Rainham while passengers travelling to and from Dagenham Dock can use TfL bus routes EL2 or 287.
Visit https://www.c2c-online.co.uk/our-network/timetables-and-service-alterations/ for more information.
On the Underground, there will be no service on the entire Hammersmith and City line on Saturday, July 10, while the District line will be closed between Whitechapel to Barking.
On the London Overground, the Gospel Oak to Barking line will also be closed on Saturday.
Visit https://tfl.gov.uk/tube-dlr-overground/status for more information.