Number of folding bike hire docks boosted in Newham
- Credit: Newham Council
The number of folding bikes available for hire in Newham has been boosted to meet demand.
A network of seven Brompton Bike Hire docks located near train stations - including Royal Albert DLR, Forest Gate and Manor Park - has been created.
Newham Council has opened docks next to The Crystal building close to the Royal Victoria Dock DLR station and the Emirates Air Line cable car as well as outside Maryland station.
A 16-bike hire dock has also opened in Stratford along with another at Newham University Hospital in Plaistow.
Jamie Blake, corporate director, environment and sustainable transport at Newham Council, said: "The arrival of the Brompton Bike Hire scheme has been a great success.
"We know there is demand for both cycling and for cycle hire and we’re pleased to be helping meet that demand."
Charges begin at £3.50 for a 24-hour hire.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Moyes angered by late West Ham defeat at Old Trafford
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 5 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 10 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
Brompton Bike Hire managing director Julian Scriven said: "The new docks are proving very popular and are some of the most highly used in the Brompton Bike Hire network."
For more, visit bromptonbikehire.com