Limehouse Link Tunnel closure causing traffic chaos and A13 delays
- Credit: TfL
A burst water main has closed the Limehouse Link Tunnel, causing peak hour traffic chaos in east London.
Transport for London (TfL) says the tunnel, near Canary Wharf, is closed in both directions for safety measures due to equipment failure.
Motorists are advised to use an alternative route and expect delays, with westbound traffic stationary on Aspen Way (A1262) and slow moving on East India Dock Road.
Traffic is slow moving westbound from the A13 Beckton Flyover and beyond.
Southbound traffic on the A102 Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach is also congested from the Bow Underpass.
You may also want to watch:
Northbound traffic is slow moving on Westferry Road from Byng Street, as is eastbound on Commercial Road from Cavell Street.
Other roads in the area are also affected.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford