Limehouse Link Tunnel closure causing traffic chaos and A13 delays
- Credit: TfL
A burst water main has closed the Limehouse Link Tunnel, causing peak hour traffic chaos in east London.
Transport for London (TfL) says the tunnel, near Canary Wharf, is closed in both directions for safety measures due to equipment failure.
Motorists are advised to use an alternative route and expect delays, with westbound traffic stationary on Aspen Way (A1262) and slow moving on East India Dock Road.
Traffic is slow moving westbound from the A13 Beckton Flyover and beyond.
Southbound traffic on the A102 Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach is also congested from the Bow Underpass.
You may also want to watch:
Northbound traffic is slow moving on Westferry Road from Byng Street, as is eastbound on Commercial Road from Cavell Street.
Other roads in the area are also affected.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow