Travel: Potential disruptions in central north and east London this week
- Credit: Mike Brooke
There are a number of potential disruptions on the roads and railways across Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets and Newham to look out for this week - starting tomorrow (December 19).
There will be temporary traffic light signals in place to facilitate G Network works in Dalston, in Graham Road, at the junction of Penpoll Road until tomorrow - December 20.
Traffic is expected to be slow moving in both directions of Graham Road approaching the works.
Meanwhile, ESP Electricity Limited will be working in Pitfield Street until 6pm on Tuesday - December 21.
Temporary traffic signals are in operation to facilitate junction improvement works in York Way where the road meets Copenhagen Street, and will impact traffic in all surrounding roads.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
Ongoing work at the Old Street junction to implement a new road layout will continue to affect traffic in all directions.
One of three lanes is closed southbound on City Road on the approach to the Old Street former roundabout as part of the works.
G Network will be working on Arvon Road and Witherington Road until 6pm tomorrow - December 20.
Two-way signals will be in place on both streets during this period.
Congestion is expected to continue in Whitechapel High Street in all directions as a result of emergency Cadent Gas works.
There will be temporary traffic signals in operation at the junction of Commercial Street and Leman Street, with delays along Aldgate High Street, Mansell Street, Whitechapel Road and Commercial Street.
Here, there may be southbound tailbacks as far as Shoreditch.
Motorists are advised to seek other routes where possible for the duration of the works, which will last until Tuesday - December 21.
Delays are possible in both directions, as long-running utility works continue in Stratford High Street, between Bow Roundabout on the A12 and the A118 Great Eastern Road.
There will be a weight restriction on a section of the High Street, Stratford, during the collaborative works between Thames Water and Newham Council, which are expected to last until April.
Vehicles over 7.5 tonnes are being diverted eastbound via the A118 Great Eastern Road and westbound via Bow Roundabout.