Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- Credit: Google
A man has been injured after glass fell from a canopy at Canning Town bus station.
The area around the hub was taped off by the Metropolitan Police earlier this afternoon (July 20).
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "We were called at 11.35am today (20 July) to reports of a person injured at Canning Town bus station.
"We sent an ambulance crew and a medic in a car. A man was treated at the scene and taken to a hospital as a priority."
Transport for London (TfL) has warned of access issues, adding that there is no step-free access to the Tube station.
You may also want to watch:
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said one male suffered injuries which were not life-threatening.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford