Can you spot the Christmas twists on this c2c departure board?
- Credit: Robert Wares
Passengers waiting for c2c trains have been surprised to find some festive twists on the departure board.
Commuters were forced to double-take after noticing their 6.50pm train to Southend Central included several unusual stops - including "Sleigh on Sea" and "Tinselbury Town".
Eagle-eyed passenger Robert Wares spotted the Christmas-y line-up as he waited for his train at West Ham.
Included on the list were "Tinselbury Town", "Elf Tilbury", "Santaford le Hope" and "Sleigh on Sea".
Posting his find on Facebook, Robert wrote: "I was waiting for my train at West Ham and it took me a minute to realise Tinselbury town doesn’t actually exist…"
Another passenger spotted "Upmincepiester" listed as a stop on a Fenchurch Street departure board.
Someone commented on Facebook: "All of these sound completely plausible as names of British towns."
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
Another wrote: "Love it, a bit of Christmas merrymaking."