Delays on the eastbound A13 after collision in Barking
- Credit: TfL
Drivers have been warned to expect delays on the A13 after a lorry shed fuel on the road.
Movers Lane underpass in Barking has closed following a collision with traffic on diversion.
Police were called at 4.11am on Thursday, February 11 to reports of a heavy goods vehicle having broken down on the A13 close to Movers Lane, Barking.
A Met spokesperson said: "The vehicle which was leaking diesel fuel has been recovered, however, the Movers Lane underpass remains closed while the fuel is cleared from the highway.
"Traffic delays are expected and motorists are advised to avoid the area if possible."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is slow along the eastbound carriageway with queues past Beckton Roundabout, according to Transport for London (TfL).
The southbound A406 is also slow with queues back towards Redbridge Roundabout.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
A13 westbound traffic is slow too moving back past the Goresbrook Interchange.