Delays on the eastbound A13 after collision in Barking
- Credit: TfL
Drivers have been warned to expect delays on the A13 after a lorry shed fuel on the road.
Movers Lane underpass in Barking has closed following a collision with traffic on diversion.
Police were called at 4.11am on Thursday, February 11 to reports of a heavy goods vehicle having broken down on the A13 close to Movers Lane, Barking.
A Met spokesperson said: "The vehicle which was leaking diesel fuel has been recovered, however, the Movers Lane underpass remains closed while the fuel is cleared from the highway.
"Traffic delays are expected and motorists are advised to avoid the area if possible."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is slow along the eastbound carriageway with queues past Beckton Roundabout, according to Transport for London (TfL).
The southbound A406 is also slow with queues back towards Redbridge Roundabout.
- 1 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 6 Newham Council is making a difference
- 7 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 8 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 Leyton Orient announce Embleton exit
A13 westbound traffic is slow too moving back past the Goresbrook Interchange.