Delays on the eastbound A13 after collision in Barking
- Credit: TfL
Drivers have been warned to expect delays on the A13 after a lorry shed fuel on the road.
Movers Lane underpass in Barking has closed following a collision with traffic on diversion.
Police were called at 4.11am on Thursday, February 11 to reports of a heavy goods vehicle having broken down on the A13 close to Movers Lane, Barking.
A Met spokesperson said: "The vehicle which was leaking diesel fuel has been recovered, however, the Movers Lane underpass remains closed while the fuel is cleared from the highway.
"Traffic delays are expected and motorists are advised to avoid the area if possible."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is slow along the eastbound carriageway with queues past Beckton Roundabout, according to Transport for London (TfL).
The southbound A406 is also slow with queues back towards Redbridge Roundabout.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
A13 westbound traffic is slow too moving back past the Goresbrook Interchange.