Tracey Emin sculpture unveiled at The Line art trail in Three Mills
- Credit: Angus Mill Photography
A sculpture by acclaimed British artist Tracey Emin has been unveiled on a public art trail.
The work, entitled A Moment Without You, can be found at Three Mills and features five bronze birds perched above head height.
In part, the work aims to show how fragile life is, reflecting the experience of many in the pandemic as well as the artist's battle with cancer.
Ms Emin said: "The birds are small, tiny, delicate, fragile, like we are as human beings.
"I’ve always had the idea that birds are angels of this earth and that they represent freedom."
The work is part of The Line, which was established in 2015 as London's first dedicated public art walk.
You may also want to watch:
Megan Piper, director of The Line, said: "This is a rare opportunity for Londoners to experience Emin’s work in public.
"The Line has offered sanctuary across this challenging year and I hope that this work will provide a moment of contemplation and reflection."
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 8 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 9 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
The installation has been funded by the London Legacy Development Corporation and supported by landowner Lee Valley Regional Park Authority.