Toy Appeal: Young performers raise funds with Christmas show
- Credit: photo: Arnaud Stephenson
These young performers took to the stage to back this year’s Christmas Toy Appeal and raise funds to help their peers in the process.
The group from Deborah Day Theatre School showed off their singing and dancing talents at Brampton Manor Theatre in their A Christmas Delight performance on Sunday.
Around 150 children between the ages of three and 18 took part in the show, performing festive songs and dance routines.
Principal Deborah Day said: “This is the first year we’ve put on a show for the Toy Appeal.
“The children had fun, the parents enjoyed it and we raised a lot of money.”
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds raised through ticket sales – an estimated £1,200, although the exact total is yet to be announced – will help Community Links buy even more presents for underprivileged children in the borough.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault