Toy Appeal: Where and what to donate
- Credit: Archant
Drop-off points for our Christmas Toy Appeal, run in partnership with charity Community Links, are open and ready for your donations.
Donating to kids aged from two to 16 can be daunting, but the Recorder’s here to help.
We have lots of handy ideas of presents to give - and a helpful list of where to give them.
WHAT TO DONATE
Ideally gifts should not promote war or violence, and be both fun and educational.
You may also want to watch:
Recommended donations include:
• Story books for all ages.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 4 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 5 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 8 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes not giving up on European dream despite Brighton draw
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
• All types of craft sets, model kits, jigsaws, stationery and coloured pencils.
• Dolls and accessories.
• Cars and car sets for all ages.
• Boxed board games.
• Lego, Duplo and other construction sets.
• £5/£10 fashion or sports vouchers.
• Compilation CDs.
• DVDs of children’s films.
• Toys from newborn to three years and early years toys from three to five years.
Community Links also accepts donations of money, which are used to buy toys at trade prices to make sure no child wakes up next to an empty stocking this December.
Please make cheques and postal orders payable to Community Links Trust.
• Beckton Community Centre, 14 East Ham Manor Way. Open Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm.
• Beckton Globe Library, 1 Kingsford Way. Open Mon to Sat 10.30am - 8pm.
• Community Links, 105 Barking Road, Canning Town. Open Mon to Fri 9am - 6pm.
• Community Links Asta Hub, 14a Camel Road, Silvertown. Open Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm.
• Custom House and Canning Town Community Neighbourhood Centre and Library, 18 Rathbone Market, Barking Road. Open Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm, Sat 9.30am - 8pm.
• Custom House Library, Prince Regent Lane. Open Mon to Tue 9.30am - 5.30pm, Thu 1pm - 8pm, Sat 9.30am - 5.30pm.
• East Ham Community Neighbourhood Centre and Library, 328 Barking Road. Open Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm, Sat 9.30am - 8pm.
• East Ham Town Hall, 328 Barking Road, East Ham. Open Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm.
• Eat 16, St Luke’s Community Centre, 89 Tarling Road, Canning Town. Open Mon - Fri 9am - 2pm.
• Forest Gate Community Neighbourhood Centre and Library, 2-6 Woodgrange Road. Open Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm.
• Forest Lane Lodge, Forest Lane Park, Magpie Close. Open Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm, Sat 10.30am - 8pm.
• Green Street Library, 337-341 Green Street. Open Mon to Sat 10.30am - 8pm.
• Jack Cornwall Community Centre, Jack Cornwall Street, Manor Park. Open Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm.
• Jeyes Community Centre, 1 James Close, Plaistow. Open Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm.
• Katherine Road Community Centre, 254 Katherine Road, Forest Gate. Open Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm.
• Manor Park Community and Neighbourhood Centre and Library, 685-693 Romford Road. Open Mon to Sat 10.30am - 8pm.
• Newham Bookshop, 745-747 Barking Road, Plaistow. Open Tues to Sat 9am - 5pm.
• North Woolwich Library, 5 Pier Parade, Pier Road. Open Mon and Tue 9.30am - 5.30pm, Thu 1pm - 8pm, Sat 9.30am - 5.30pm.
• Plaistow Library, North Street, Plaistow. Open Mon, Tue and Sat 9.30am - 5.30pm, Wed and Fri 9.30am - 5pm, Thu 1pm-8pm.
• St Bartholomews Church and Centre, 292b Barking Road, East Ham. Open Mon to Fri 9.30am - 3.30pm.
• Stratford Library, 3 The Grove. Open Mon to Sat 9.30am - 8pm, Sun 1pm - 5pm.
• Terrence Brown Arc in the Park, Hermit Road Park, Bethell Avenue, Canning Town. Open Mon to Sat 9am - 5pm.
• The Old Town Hall, 29 Broadway, Stratford. Open Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm.
• Theatre Royal Stratford East, Gerry Raffles Square, Stratford. Open Mon to Fri 10am - 7pm.