Toy appeal volunteers hold “Get In” day to move gifts to Stratford warehouse
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers gave up their Sunday to help with this year’s “Get In” day for the Newham Recorder and Community Links Christmas Toy Appeal.
Donations were moved to a warehouse in Stratford by helpers, friends and family for storage ahead of the yearly deluge of gifts
Students from Brampton Manor Academy in Newham also helped to transport and store the presents on November 24, along with members of Community Links’ event solutions team.
Paula Blake, co-ordinator of the appeal, said: “We’d like to say a big thank you to all who gave up their precious time on Sunday.
“We rely heavily on volunteers and any help is really appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
“If people are interested in volunteering for the appeal this Christmas they can contact us at Community Links.”
For more information or to volunteer call 020 743 9685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season