Toy Appeal: Time to join our Quiz Night and bring Christmas cheer to Newham youngsters
Now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of the appeal that is at the heart of life in Newham.
Come on down and join the quiz event of the year on December 6.
The quiz night competition is a chance to raise money for the Community Links and Newham Recorder
Christmas Toy Appeal.
Our annual challenge quiz will be held from 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Participants can arrive from 7pm at Links’ base in Barking Road, Canning Town.
It always provides tension, drama and above all else, fun. The Recorder’s own team will be there, as teams battle it out for the Maureen Allen memorial trophy.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
Tables of eight cost just �75, which will enable one family of disadvantaged children to have a really special Christmas.
As well as the chance to hold the trophy for
a year, each member of the winning team will get a bottle of wine. There are also prizes for the last placed teams.
To enter call (020) 7473 2270 or email Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Early booking is recommended.