Toy Appeal: New champions crowned at quiz
- Credit: Sophie Morton
A new name was inscribed on the trophy at this year’s Christmas Toy Appeal quiz.
Newham Blips, who have won for the past four years, were beaten into second place by the Kentish Town Knights.
It was the fifth year, but first win, for the five-strong team of architects.
“We’re very happy,” said team member Graeme Sutherland. “We’re glad we’ve beaten Newham Blips.”
The team have strong connections with Community Links, having carried out work for them in the past.
Last night’s quiz saw £3,150 raised by the 16 tables, the most ever collected at the annual event.
The figure was boosted by an anonymous four-figure donation.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
A team of Recorder reporters also took part at the charity’s Canning Town headquarters, finishing in a respectable 10th place.