Top grades in quarter of exams at Plashet School
Plashet School enjoyed another successful year of GCSE results, with 26 per cent of all grades at A and A*.
The Plashet Grove school saw 65 girls achieve five or more GCSEs at the top two grades, with 69pc, or 184 students, gaining at least five at C or better.
These included Tanjima Khatun from Manor Park who earned six As and four Bs.
She said: “I got my predicted grades, so I’m really happy about that.
“I worked really hard, especially in the sciences, because that’s what I want to study.”
You may also want to watch:
The school managed to match last year’s results despite changes to how GCSE English is assessed, removing the speaking and listening component and only counting each candidate’s first attempt in the school’s figures.
Headteacher Rachel McGowan said: “They have shown fantastic resilience in their learning, never giving up when times were difficult.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 7 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 10 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
“We are immensely proud of their outstanding attitude to learning and the success this has brought them is well earned.”