Top Beckton teacher honoured at Commons
A teacher who received a top award recently has been honoured for his achievements at a prestigious event at the House of Commons.
Nathan Kemp, who teaches at Tollgate Primary in Beckton, won the Award for Teacher of the Year in a Primary School in London and the South East for the 2012 Pearson Teaching Awards. He was honoured for his contribution to education at an exclusive reception at the House of Commons.
He received his award after being shortlisted from a record number of ‘thank you’ nominations made by pupils, past and present, parents and colleagues as part of the Pearson Teaching Award’s annual Thank A Teacher Day.
He joined winning teachers and four awarded schools from across Northern Ireland, England and Wales at the prestigious Pearson Teaching Awards ceremony which will be aired on BBC2 in the autumn.
Will Wyatt, Chair of the Teaching Awards Trust said: “The difference a good teacher can make to pupils’ lives is beyond measure and a good teacher is never forgotten.
You may also want to watch:
“All the regional winners have shown exceptional dedication to their pupils and it’s a pleasure to take the opportunity to say thank you to them.”
Rod Bristow, president of the Awards’ sponsor, Pearson UK said: “Teachers can have a transformative impact on their student’s lives, education and future careers. The Pearson Teaching Awards are one of my favourite events of the year as they are an opportunity to reflect on and celebrate their success and, most importantly, to say thank you.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
“All the winners have demonstrated a staggering commitment to inspiring and enriching the learning of all their students and deserve our congratulations, respect and thanks.”