Top Beckton teacher honoured at Commons
A teacher who received a top award recently has been honoured for his achievements at a prestigious event at the House of Commons.
Nathan Kemp, who teaches at Tollgate Primary in Beckton, won the Award for Teacher of the Year in a Primary School in London and the South East for the 2012 Pearson Teaching Awards. He was honoured for his contribution to education at an exclusive reception at the House of Commons.
He received his award after being shortlisted from a record number of ‘thank you’ nominations made by pupils, past and present, parents and colleagues as part of the Pearson Teaching Award’s annual Thank A Teacher Day.
He joined winning teachers and four awarded schools from across Northern Ireland, England and Wales at the prestigious Pearson Teaching Awards ceremony which will be aired on BBC2 in the autumn.
Will Wyatt, Chair of the Teaching Awards Trust said: “The difference a good teacher can make to pupils’ lives is beyond measure and a good teacher is never forgotten.
“All the regional winners have shown exceptional dedication to their pupils and it’s a pleasure to take the opportunity to say thank you to them.”
Rod Bristow, president of the Awards’ sponsor, Pearson UK said: “Teachers can have a transformative impact on their student’s lives, education and future careers. The Pearson Teaching Awards are one of my favourite events of the year as they are an opportunity to reflect on and celebrate their success and, most importantly, to say thank you.
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 7 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Man found on fire in East Ham park dies
- 10 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
“All the winners have demonstrated a staggering commitment to inspiring and enriching the learning of all their students and deserve our congratulations, respect and thanks.”