Top achievers at Sarah Bonnell school ‘shocked’ at results
- Credit: Archant
A brain-box from a Newham school was breathing a sigh of relief today after earning her place at a prestigious boarding college.
Ola Adeyemi, 16, from Sarah Bonnell school walked away with nine A*s, three As and one B in her GCSEs and will be packing her bags for Cheltenham Ladies’ College this September.
Ola, of Linton Road, Barking, is planning on studying a mere six subjects with an International Baccalaureate, a feat she says she “wasn’t expecting.”
She added: “I’m so excited, I’ve had my heart set on Cheltenham Ladies’ College for five years.
“I was nervous and I felt like I’d done so badly but seeing my results I know I can do it now so I’m just eager to get there.”
You may also want to watch:
There were also smiles for head girl, Samiya Malik, who got seven A*s and four As.
Samiya, of Shirley Road, Stratford said: “Being head girl took up a lot of my time and when I was interviewing for it they made sure I could balance my workload.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
“I knew it would be hectic. To get all my work done as well I was pulling all-nighters and working all weekend.
“I was surprised with my results because I expected fewer A*s.”
Headteacher, Sarah Jacobs, congratulated students and staff for their “positive and aspirational attitudes” and explained results were higher this year than last year and the year before.