Tony’s toughest test to date
Promoter Steve Goodwin once again provides a parade of local talent when he returns to York Hall, Bethnal Green for his latest show on December 4.
Cruiserweight Tony “The Conqueror” Conquest who is currently ranked number nine in the UK,faces his toughest test when he steps up to eight rounds for the first time in his career, and will be facing his toughest task to date as he takes on Hari Miles from Swansea.
The former amateur star has won five pro contests so far but will be tested by a rival who has won five out of seven bouts and insists he can end Conquest’s winning run.
Conquest’s stablemate in the camp of Newham’s former WBU champion Jason Rowland, John Wayne Hibbert will be looking to make it a seventh straight win in the pro ranks on the night.
Top of the bill action sees International Masters light-middleweight champion Yassine El Maachi take on European number four Jimmy Colas from France, while International Masters lightweight champion Ryan Barrett makes the first defence of his title.
You may also want to watch:
There is no shortage of local action in a dozen supporting bouts. Ex-Repton amateur Michael Norgrove has won all three of his contests so far in the light-middleweight division, and he will be trying to make it number four.
Jamie Arlain will be having his second contest at light-welterweight, while two boxers from the Tony Sims gym, Tyler Goodjohn and John Ryder, will be aiming to make it two from two.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
Also featured on the bill is TKO Gym fighter Daniel Herdman, another former Repton amateur with three wins from his four pro bouts.
Three debutants – Richard Hines, Ricky Boylan and Brett O’Callaghan – are also matched on the show.