Tommy Walsh to kickstart Beckton charity fundraiser
TV DIY star Tommy Walsh is set to sound the starting bell for Richard House’s Christmas Penguin Dash at Spitalfields Market.
Tommy, who starred in BBC1’s Groundforce programme and is also a patron of the Beckton-based children’s hospice, will open the event that will see up to 200 people running around the historic market dressed as penguins. It starts at 6pm on December 6.
All money raised will go towards the 300 families who use Richard House. These families from across London, Essex and the Home Counties are supporting children and young people with life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare needs.
Tommy said: “I’ve been involved with Richard House Children’s Hospice for a number of years and I know what amazing work the staff do.
“The Penguin Dash is a fantastic new way of getting into the Christmas spirit as the nights draw in and the evenings get that bit chillier.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d ask everyone to get involved in this event. You can run, walk or jog the 2km – it’s all about taking part.”
You can enter the Penguin Dash online by visiting www.richardhouse.org.uk or by emailing event organiser Ben Alonso on BenA@richardhouse.org.uk
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
Entry is �15 and minimum sponsorship is �100.