Tommy Walsh to kickstart Beckton charity fundraiser
TV DIY star Tommy Walsh is set to sound the starting bell for Richard House’s Christmas Penguin Dash at Spitalfields Market.
Tommy, who starred in BBC1’s Groundforce programme and is also a patron of the Beckton-based children’s hospice, will open the event that will see up to 200 people running around the historic market dressed as penguins. It starts at 6pm on December 6.
All money raised will go towards the 300 families who use Richard House. These families from across London, Essex and the Home Counties are supporting children and young people with life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare needs.
Tommy said: “I’ve been involved with Richard House Children’s Hospice for a number of years and I know what amazing work the staff do.
“The Penguin Dash is a fantastic new way of getting into the Christmas spirit as the nights draw in and the evenings get that bit chillier.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d ask everyone to get involved in this event. You can run, walk or jog the 2km – it’s all about taking part.”
You can enter the Penguin Dash online by visiting www.richardhouse.org.uk or by emailing event organiser Ben Alonso on BenA@richardhouse.org.uk
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
Entry is �15 and minimum sponsorship is �100.