Tommy Walsh to kickstart Beckton charity fundraiser
TV DIY star Tommy Walsh is set to sound the starting bell for Richard House’s Christmas Penguin Dash at Spitalfields Market.
Tommy, who starred in BBC1’s Groundforce programme and is also a patron of the Beckton-based children’s hospice, will open the event that will see up to 200 people running around the historic market dressed as penguins. It starts at 6pm on December 6.
All money raised will go towards the 300 families who use Richard House. These families from across London, Essex and the Home Counties are supporting children and young people with life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare needs.
Tommy said: “I’ve been involved with Richard House Children’s Hospice for a number of years and I know what amazing work the staff do.
“The Penguin Dash is a fantastic new way of getting into the Christmas spirit as the nights draw in and the evenings get that bit chillier.
“I’d ask everyone to get involved in this event. You can run, walk or jog the 2km – it’s all about taking part.”
You can enter the Penguin Dash online by visiting www.richardhouse.org.uk or by emailing event organiser Ben Alonso on BenA@richardhouse.org.uk
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
Entry is �15 and minimum sponsorship is �100.