Tomkins speaks of ‘unbelievable’ feeling of promotion back to the Premier League
Hammers centre half delighted to back playing top flight football
West Ham defender James Tomkins has spoke of the importance of the club returning to the Premier League.
Ricardo Vaz Te netted three minutes before time to secure a 2-1 victory over Blackpool at Wembley to send the east Londoners back to the top flight, just a year after they were relegated.
“It is unbelievable, It’s important to bounce back and we did that,” he told Sky Sports. “I wanted get back into the Premier league.”
Tomkins was named man of the match after a strong performance at the heart of the defence.
You may also want to watch:
The centre half came through the youth system at Upton Park and signed a new long-term contract with the club this season.
“I have been here since I was seven,” he added. “It is so important we now remain in the Premier League. Everyone has been brilliant.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory