Tips for healthy teeth at Beckton supermarket
Shoppers at ASDA found themselves picking up some tips for keeping their teeth healthy together with the groceries.
Many gained useful advice from NHS staff who were at the Beckton supermarket to promote National Smile Month (May 21-June 22). The campaign aims to highlight the importance of oral health and regular visits to the dentist. It also made people aware of NHS dental charges and who is entitled to NHS treatment.
Ann Coveney, from the Newham Oral Health Team, said: “The annual campaign promotes three key messages, all of which go a long way to improve oral health in the UK . They are:
• Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste;
• Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks;
You may also want to watch:
• Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.Below are the general messages we will be using to raise public awareness.”
Other ways to improve oral health include cleaning between your teeth with interdental brushes or flossing at least once a day, using a mouthwash as part of your regular oral health routine and chewing sugar-free gum in between meals to help protect your teeth throughout the day.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike