Three people rescued in Manor Park fire
12-year-old girl hospitalised
Three people were rescued from a fire in a Manor Park flat in the early hours of this morning.
Firefighters were called at 12.37am to tackle the blaze in the converted house on Little Ilford Lane.
A 12-year-old girl was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital by a London ambulance as a precaution.
A spokesperson from the London Ambulance Service said: “We sent one ambulance crew, a hazard area response team ad a duty officer to the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Ilford and East Ham fire stations attended and left the scene around two hours later.
An Ilford firefighter said: “It was quite a small fire but the house was quite smokey.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
The cause of the fire is currently unknown and is being investigated.