Three millionth visitor at Olympic Park
A 12-year-old girl has become the three millionth spectator to visit the Olympic Park.
Lucy Fuller was going into the Park with her family when she was told by the ticket scanning team of her landmark visitor status.
The Fuller family - Lucy and her dad Chris, mum Anna, who is a teaching assistant, and sister Abigail - was on its way to the Aquatics Centre to see Ellie Simmonds compete in the 400m freestyle heats.
Lucy, from Stanford-le-Hope in Essex, met Lord Seb Coe, chairman of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG).
He presented her with London 2012 gifts including a signed commemorative book, a mascot and a Links of London Team GB bracelet.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy said: “It’s been so great being here on the Park today, watching the action in the Aquatics Centre and meting Lord Coe.
“I’ve just got back from holiday so this is the best way to finish the summer before I go back to school. I can’t wait to tell all my friends that I was the three millionth visitor.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
Her dad, a roofer, said: “What a day it’s been – we just wanted to be a part of the London 2012 experience and the atmosphere both in the venue and on the Olympic Park has been incredible.
“Meeting Lord Coe has been the icing on the cake and something we’ll be telling our friends and family about.”
Lord Coe said: “It was fantastic to meet the Fuller family today and I was delighted to be able to present them with some special London 2012 gifts.
“It’s great to see so many families on the Park and in our venues, soaking up the atmosphere and witnessing some great sport.”