Three millionth visitor at Olympic Park
A 12-year-old girl has become the three millionth spectator to visit the Olympic Park.
Lucy Fuller was going into the Park with her family when she was told by the ticket scanning team of her landmark visitor status.
The Fuller family - Lucy and her dad Chris, mum Anna, who is a teaching assistant, and sister Abigail - was on its way to the Aquatics Centre to see Ellie Simmonds compete in the 400m freestyle heats.
Lucy, from Stanford-le-Hope in Essex, met Lord Seb Coe, chairman of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG).
He presented her with London 2012 gifts including a signed commemorative book, a mascot and a Links of London Team GB bracelet.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy said: “It’s been so great being here on the Park today, watching the action in the Aquatics Centre and meting Lord Coe.
“I’ve just got back from holiday so this is the best way to finish the summer before I go back to school. I can’t wait to tell all my friends that I was the three millionth visitor.”
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 8 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
Her dad, a roofer, said: “What a day it’s been – we just wanted to be a part of the London 2012 experience and the atmosphere both in the venue and on the Olympic Park has been incredible.
“Meeting Lord Coe has been the icing on the cake and something we’ll be telling our friends and family about.”
Lord Coe said: “It was fantastic to meet the Fuller family today and I was delighted to be able to present them with some special London 2012 gifts.
“It’s great to see so many families on the Park and in our venues, soaking up the atmosphere and witnessing some great sport.”