Three millionth visitor at Olympic Park
A 12-year-old girl has become the three millionth spectator to visit the Olympic Park.
Lucy Fuller was going into the Park with her family when she was told by the ticket scanning team of her landmark visitor status.
The Fuller family - Lucy and her dad Chris, mum Anna, who is a teaching assistant, and sister Abigail - was on its way to the Aquatics Centre to see Ellie Simmonds compete in the 400m freestyle heats.
Lucy, from Stanford-le-Hope in Essex, met Lord Seb Coe, chairman of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG).
He presented her with London 2012 gifts including a signed commemorative book, a mascot and a Links of London Team GB bracelet.
Lucy said: “It’s been so great being here on the Park today, watching the action in the Aquatics Centre and meting Lord Coe.
“I’ve just got back from holiday so this is the best way to finish the summer before I go back to school. I can’t wait to tell all my friends that I was the three millionth visitor.”
- 1 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 3 Start date revealed for next Bishop of Barking after consecration
- 4 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 5 Newport's Norman sends Leyton Orient to late defeat
- 6 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 7 Get involved in London's first Great Mental Health Day
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Send us your stories and pictures with the Queen
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
Her dad, a roofer, said: “What a day it’s been – we just wanted to be a part of the London 2012 experience and the atmosphere both in the venue and on the Olympic Park has been incredible.
“Meeting Lord Coe has been the icing on the cake and something we’ll be telling our friends and family about.”
Lord Coe said: “It was fantastic to meet the Fuller family today and I was delighted to be able to present them with some special London 2012 gifts.
“It’s great to see so many families on the Park and in our venues, soaking up the atmosphere and witnessing some great sport.”