Three children taken to hospital following house fire in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
Three children were taken to hospital following a house fire in East Ham.
Four fire crews and around twenty one firefighters were called to tackle the blaze in Lonsdale Avenue at around 11.20am.
London Ambulance also rushed to the scene following reports that half of the ground floor was alight.
Four children and one adult were able to escape the fire before the arrival of emergency services.
However, three children, all boys, were taken to Newham Hospital as a precaution, and five people were assessed altogether for smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
The fire is now under control.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?