Three charged with attempted murder after Plaistow student is stabbed
Three men are to appear in court tomorrow following the stabbing of a student in Plaistow.
Scotland Yard revealed this morning that the men have been accused of attempted murder and will appear at Thames Court.
Amareshwar Arava, 25, Sai Kishore Balguri, 25, and Nishanth Puttapaka, 23, all of Kent Street, Plaistow, are accused of the attempted murder of the 26-year-old student at a flat in Kent Street, Plaistow.
It is understood that the victim walked into Newham General Hospital just after 8am on Friday to say he had been stabbed. He is understood to be an Indian student enrolled for an MBA.
The victim is still in hospital in a critical condition, with wounds to the abdomen.
Reports in the Indian media have identified the victim as Praveen Reddy.
11 arrests were originally made after the incident. One man has been released without charge, the other seven have been bailed to return to police on various dates.
- 1 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 Defender Adam Thompson returning is a massive boost for Leyton Orient