Three charged with attempted murder after Plaistow student is stabbed
Three men are to appear in court tomorrow following the stabbing of a student in Plaistow.
Scotland Yard revealed this morning that the men have been accused of attempted murder and will appear at Thames Court.
Amareshwar Arava, 25, Sai Kishore Balguri, 25, and Nishanth Puttapaka, 23, all of Kent Street, Plaistow, are accused of the attempted murder of the 26-year-old student at a flat in Kent Street, Plaistow.
It is understood that the victim walked into Newham General Hospital just after 8am on Friday to say he had been stabbed. He is understood to be an Indian student enrolled for an MBA.
The victim is still in hospital in a critical condition, with wounds to the abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
Reports in the Indian media have identified the victim as Praveen Reddy.
11 arrests were originally made after the incident. One man has been released without charge, the other seven have been bailed to return to police on various dates.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?