Three charged with attempted murder after Plaistow student is stabbed
Three men are to appear in court tomorrow following the stabbing of a student in Plaistow.
Scotland Yard revealed this morning that the men have been accused of attempted murder and will appear at Thames Court.
Amareshwar Arava, 25, Sai Kishore Balguri, 25, and Nishanth Puttapaka, 23, all of Kent Street, Plaistow, are accused of the attempted murder of the 26-year-old student at a flat in Kent Street, Plaistow.
It is understood that the victim walked into Newham General Hospital just after 8am on Friday to say he had been stabbed. He is understood to be an Indian student enrolled for an MBA.
The victim is still in hospital in a critical condition, with wounds to the abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
Reports in the Indian media have identified the victim as Praveen Reddy.
11 arrests were originally made after the incident. One man has been released without charge, the other seven have been bailed to return to police on various dates.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 9 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show