Three charged over ‘baby sale plot’
Three arrested on ‘baby sale plot’ after NoW expose
A MAN and woman from Forest Gate, along with a 48-year-old man from Ilford, have been charged with child neglect and abandonment of an 11-month-old baby.
The couple from Green Street have not been indentified by Scotland Yard for legal reasons.
Mohammad Javid, 48, from Ilford, and the un-named 31-year-old man, are also accused of conspiracy to traffic for exploitation.
They appeared at Stratford Magistrates Court on Saturday and were sent for trial at Inner London Crown Court. The woman, who appeared at the same court the previous day, stands remanded in custody to re-appear on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
The child is now in the care of Newham Social Services.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 10 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19