Three charged over ‘baby sale plot’
Three arrested on ‘baby sale plot’ after NoW expose
A MAN and woman from Forest Gate, along with a 48-year-old man from Ilford, have been charged with child neglect and abandonment of an 11-month-old baby.
The couple from Green Street have not been indentified by Scotland Yard for legal reasons.
Mohammad Javid, 48, from Ilford, and the un-named 31-year-old man, are also accused of conspiracy to traffic for exploitation.
They appeared at Stratford Magistrates Court on Saturday and were sent for trial at Inner London Crown Court. The woman, who appeared at the same court the previous day, stands remanded in custody to re-appear on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
The child is now in the care of Newham Social Services.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 3 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 4 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 10 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park