Thousands pack East Ham park for Under the Stars
- Credit: www.davidanthonyfearn.com
A crowd of more than 8,000 packed Central Park last night for the opening of this year’s outdoor live music extravaganza.
The park in High Street South, East Ham is hosting the annual four day, live free music festival run by Newham Council.
Performances from Incognito, The Brand New Heavies, Ciyo Brown and DJs James Anthony and Ash Selector had people dancing all over the park.
The remaining three shows to be staged tonight, Saturday and Sunday promise something for everyone with entertainment from eastern beats to a night of classical music and fireworks finale.
Tonight sees the finest Asian sounds with performances from DCS featuring Shin, Taz Stereo Nation, Juggy D, the Gaana Rajas dance troupe, Ali Abbas and Juggling Inferno’s breathtaking fire show set to Bollywood music.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday is back to the boogie with Boney M featuring Liz Mitchell, Imagination featuring Leee John and The Real Thing. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra headline with classical sounds on Sunday and fireworks to end the evening. Young people from Newham’s Every Child a Musician scheme will also be playing.
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales said: “We have been putting on Under the Stars for 14 years and Thursday night was one of the best opening nights I can ever remember. The weather was great and more than 8,000 people coming together to hear some excellent music for free can’t be wrong.”
- 1 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 2 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 3 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 8 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 9 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed