Thousands flock to ExCeL’s independent living Naidex exhibition
Thousands of visitors have been flocking to ExCeL exhibition centre to see the latest gadgets to help with independent living.
As the only event of its kind in London, Naidex South provides an unmissable opportunity for the estimated 1.4m disabled people living in and around the capital to get first hand advice and guidance on the products and services available to them.
This year’s two day event was opened by members of the Team GB Paralympic basketball team. Matt Byrne, co-captain of the GB Men’s Paralympic Wheelchair Basketball team, said: “We were absolutely delighted to officially open the show and have been really impressed with what is on offer. It is an excellent place for anyone affected by disability to see what is out there to help them live as independently as possible and there is so much great advice available at the show. It is definitely worth visiting if you live in or around London.”
Following the amazing summer of sport the Sports Showcase was an interactive feature showcasing the talents of disabled athletes via a range of sports, all in the actual venue where the Paralympics have taken place. It also gave visitors the chance to find out how they can get involved in new and exciting sports by speaking to National Governing Bodies such as British Triathlon and Parasport.
Also back by popular demand was Meet the Expert, a unique service designed to answer your questions and provide invaluable advice via a drop-in facility.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors also had the opportunity to gain home adaptations advice which covered a host of topics ranging from disability living allowance, legal issues and advice to families of disabled children.
Many of the UK’s leading manufacturers of products aimed to help people with a disability maintain as much independence as possible showcased their latest products, from scooters and wheelchairs to stair lifts and wheelchair accessible vehicles.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex