Thousands attend London Pet Show at ExCel
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of animal lovers headed to London ExCel over the weekend to get a taste of the country’s ultimate pet show.
The London Pet Show welcomed 23,804 visitors to the popular annual event. Guests were treated to two full days of fun and quirky shows including rabbit show-jumping and duck herding.
The event also brought the search for the nation’s most talented dogs to an end with the SuperDogs Live competition.
The action packed competition hosted by Supervet, Noel Fitzpatrick ,saw the country’s most talented dogs take centre stage to compete for awards in the fun-filled show.
Ben Wilson, pet insurance spokesperson at Gocompare.com and sponsor of SuperDogs Live, said: “The London Pet Show is a great opportunity for pet lovers to see some of the country’s most extraordinary pets.
“This year we are proud to sponsor SuperDogs Live at the London Pet Show, where some of the nation’s most talented dogs went head-to-head to be crowned Super Dogs champions 2015.”
Several awards were handed out for the various talents showcased.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
This included Trip, and his owner Lucy Heath, who scooped top prize for the Strictly Doggy Dancing category.
Lucy said: “It’s really fantastic and I’m so excited that we have won! Trip is so young and this is the first time he has done anything like this.
“He really rules the roost with his hilarious and confident personality. We call him ‘Trip hazard’ as when he was small we were always falling over him!”
The event, sponsored by Gocompare.com also introduced TopCats, a show where talented moggies competed for certificates including Friendliest Cat, Most Handsome Male, and Best Household Pet.
The National Pet Show now heads to Birmingham in November.