Thousands attend Christmas fair in Olympic Park in Newham
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of residents attended a weekend long Christmas fair and market in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford
The free Vintage Christmas and Real Ale Festival this weekend featured a rollerdisco, Victorian fun fair rides, including dodgems and a merry-go-round, food and family entertainment.
A range of beers and ales includes Rudolph’s Revenge and Santa’s Best Bitter, as well as spiced cider and mulled wine, craft workshops, food, and festive snacks.
Music was provided by The Gay Men’s chorus, rock ‘n’ roll bands and late-night DJ sets.
Dennis Hone, chief executive of the London Legacy Development Corporation, which looks after the park, said: “It was great to see so many Newham residents getting into the festive spirit in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“The roller disco and helter skelter were especially popular.”
He added: “The park is rapidly becoming a must-visit destination. More than 250,000 people visited the north of the Park in its first 100 days of opening.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
“When the Park fully opens in spring next year and people can use the iconic venues, including the Lea Valley Velopark and stunning Aquatics Centre, it really will be a lasting legacy in east London.”
The fair ran from Friday, December 6, from 4pm-9pm, on Saturday, from noon to 10pm, and on Sunday, December 8, from noon to 7pm.
For more information visit www.queenelizabetholympicpark.co.uk.
Click the picture gallery on the right for more pictures.